This was one of my first videos and did not have altogether correct information.
1) Total class time 36 hours. 18 hours Dunedin Arts Center…18 hours San Antonio Pottery
2) Now collecting for HPH Hospice Hoping to alternate between HPH and Gulfside starting February 2019
STAGES I GO THROUGH WHEN MAKING A SPONGE HOLDER:
1) THROWING ON THE WHEEL
2) LETTING IT DRY TO LEATHER HARD STATE
3) TRIMMING AND SLICING THE SLOT ( CARVING OR CHATTERING IS ALSO DONE HERE)
4) GLAZES ARE APPLIED
5) FIRING BETWEEN 2201 & 2245 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT IN THE KILN
6) REMOVING FROM THE KILN WITH BIG LEATHER GLOVES IN CASE THEY ARE TOO HOT TO HANDLE.
Trimming a wonky pot with paper clip tool means less threat of gouging. Sharp trim tools do not take well to wonky pots, whereas paper clip pens do..